Tuesday, March 22, 2011

When Clean Matters

Yesterday, I was talking with a group of beer people and we were discussing bars shut down by the health department.  When I wrote about Edgewater being closed a lot of people talked about how it was just the bathrooms.  (btw I did request the sanitation records which have yet to arrive)  We came to a consensus that if the management is not going to clean the toilets they likely are not cleaning draft lines.  A clean draft line is essential to good beer.

Cleveland's NBC station had this investigative report on draft lines a few weeks ago.

Cleaning lines in states like Ohio is mandatory every two weeks and no bar should really go more than every three, although I think bi-weekly is a better minimum.  Having someone come and clean the line can be a drag on the bottom line, but customers deserve it.

I do not know about you, but if the toilet is not being scrubbed I do not think draft lines are good either.

No comments:

Post a Comment