Sunday, August 15, 2010

Why Craft Beer Is Bad In August

I follow Twitter feeds from several of the main players in the industry, and for the last week I kept shaking my head.  Over and over I read that a Oktoberfest or pumpkin beer or some such fall goodness was released. On Friday I went to my friends cook out.  Now being a beer geek I don't bring a salad or cookies or something like that to pass, I am expected to bring beer.  I made a dutiful trip to the store right beforehand and yeah selection sucked.  All these fall selections and no Kolsch, no summery beers.  It was 90+ degrees on Friday.  Did brewers forget that Chicago still has hot days in August?  I understand Oktoberfest actually happens at the end of September, but we could wait a few weeks to buy it.  So brewers next year can you make sure I can buy fresh summer beer until Labor Day?

2 comments:

  1. I totes agree. With the kid in town, and turning 21, we wanted some good summer beer that she would enjoy and there was nothing that thrilled us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In Ohio you can still find some summer beers but it is not a great selection. I would say I like the Magic Hat sampler that has Hex and an Apple Wit that is good.

    ReplyDelete