Wednesday, August 18, 2010

#5 of 1001 Hell or High Watermelon Wheat Beer

Another in the series based on 1001 Beers You Must Taste Before You Die (1001 (Universe))

Hell or High Watermelon by 21st Amendment was once a summer seasonal, and is now brewed year round.  Originally made with fresh watermelon the brewers now use watermelon puree.  I was pleasantly surprised as I was expecting putridness.  I wouldn't have likely even picked it up if it wasn't given to me by my brother.

Tasting Notes:
Has a subtle fruity aroma.  Taste comes through like a standard wheat beer and finishes with a tartness.  Leaves a faint aftertaste of watermelon.  This is actually very similar to the watermelon I had 15 minutes prior to drinking the beer.  It was crisp with a very light mouthfeel.  I would recommend for summer, but not the winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment